Top 10 Reasons to Homeschool Podcast Show Notes!!!!
- The Biggest Benefit of All - You can stay up late, sleep late and stay in your pajamas all day if you want.
- Know Thy Child - We get to know our kids and spend lots of time with them. Your kids will be grown before you know it and ready to move out. Treasure the time you have with your children and don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Do What They Want - You can tailor educational material to what your kids want to learn and play off of their interests.
- Mix it UP - You can mix up the schedule to keep things interesting and be flexible.
- Good Eats - You have the opportunity to fuel your kids with healthy nutritional food and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Do Something Worthwhile - There are many opportunities for extracurricular activities that you have the opportunity to take advantage of.
- Influence Thy Kid - You have greater control over the influences that touch your children and you get to know your kids friends.
- Nomadism or Just a Vacation - You have more opportunity to travel and are not stuck to the traditional holiday travel periods.
- Use Life - You have the opportunity to use life as your primary curriculum and give your kids an extremely well-rounded education. Not to mention helping your kids build marketable real world skills that will serve them well in their life.
- No Testing!!! - Depending on where you live you may not have any required standardized state testing. Standardized testing makes our skin crawl and not having to partake gives us a huge degree of freedom to teach the information we believe is important.
- BONUS : We get to learn everything again!!!! It is actually a ton of fun to stay a chapter ahead of our kids and learn all of the same information. The added benefit of all of this is that it keeps our brains working and keeps us young.
Hope you enjoyed!!! I know we did. Until next time…..