Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bright Horizons stands unequivocally for diversity, equity and inclusion, and against racism of all forms. Our vision is driven by our culture and our commitment to our customers and the communities in which we serve; and our progress is fueled by our HEART (Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, Teamwork) principles, measured to ensure accountability, and recognized with honors including Forbes 2021 Best Employers for Diversity, Bloomberg’s 2021 Gender Equality Index, and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index.
Committed to DEI
In Our Classrooms
As early educators, we recognize both our responsibility to model inclusion for our young learners and our profound opportunity to make a real difference for the next generation.
- We’ve built our curriculum to create culturally authentic learning environments that celebrate and explore all cultures and experiences. We use a mirrors (exploring a child’s own identity) and windows (understanding and embracing others) approach to learning.
- Our teacher training includes developmentally appropriate curriculum practices to nurture anti-racist and anti-bias behaviors in our classrooms.
- Our educator trainings and resource library include guidance to help teachers support and honor children of all abilities and needs.
In Our Workplaces
We believe it is our responsibility to create workplaces where every person is embraced and appreciated for their talents and accomplishments and where all have equal potential to grow careers.
- Our Employee Advisory Groups (EAGs) are wholly supported by leadership and empowered to give voice to inclusion issues across the company.
- We require all employees to attend trainings that help them lead and interact without bias.
- We are actively committed to increasing representation -- from our own center operations to the Early Childhood Education field as a whole.
- Our Inclusion Steering Committee and Inclusion Council unite senior leaders and employees in informing strategy for change and creating accountability for how we progress.
In Our Community
As an education and care provider, we are equally committed to driving change outside our walls as well as inside them and actively engage in services and partnerships to advance the larger goals of DEI.
- We support equity through education for all students, from young learners in our communities (the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children) to adults going back to school (free degrees through our Horizons Teacher Degree program).
- We’re continually growing partnerships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) to advance education opportunities and support the students we serve.
- Our college admissions and finance experts work with community organizations to support high school students pursuing their higher education dreams.
- As part of CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion, we’ve joined a coalition of more than 1,500 leaders of the world’s top companies and business organizations to turn stated goals into measureable actions.